imageimageimage
Before and after, the middle pic is the completion of two more “one of a kind” pieces of transformed “junk”.
The dresser has fabric wallpaper on top and on two drawers. Because I learn as I go (much like life) I sometimes have to learn the hard way (again much like life). In regards to the dresser this was most certainly the case. In the future I will apply texture on the front of a piece, no longer on top. Also when applying the paper I tried spray adhesive and it was very difficult, messy and did not stick as well as hoped for. However good old Mod Podge went on with ease and stuck like glue (hee-hee, that was a funny!!!!!)
The beautiful (some may say ugly) lamp was at total labor of love on my part.
When I stumbled upon the two two beat up, paint-stained, tarnished relics of the past at a local yard sale I could feel my eyes widen, palms sweat and my heart skip a beat. I may have even drooled just a little.
I’m fully aware this is not an attractive sight, but sometimes it actually works to my advantage. People usually are pretty quick to want to make a deal and get rid of the crazy lady with the with overactive “junkyard” salvation glands.

Advertisements

Dropped the Drawers and Got My Mod Podge On

imageimage

This old dresser may have been a sight for sore eyes to some. But not for me. In fact when I got a glimpse of this relic I envisioned all the possibilities that come with, sanding painting and a little imagination.
This piece was going to allow me the opportunity to peak past just paint and see what could be done with Mod Podge. I had not ever tried it up to this point. I could hardly wait to drop a little Mod Podge and Dollar Store gift wrap (because I’m all about saving a buck) on those drawers. The process was a little time consuming and for me messy. In general though I loved learning a new technique and was quite happy when my vision became reality.