It’s true you are what you eat and I’ll totally own the fact that I am one big ole turkey, but a grateful one!!!!
So I thought I would take a minute and jot down just a partial gratitude list.
1. Numero uno on my gratitude list is the NUMERO UNO in my life, Jesus.
After many, many, many, did I say many years of doing it my way and thinking I was alone, I now know I haven’t been alone not one day in my life. My God, that is first and foremost on my gratitude list has had this crippled child’s heart and soul close at hand always.
2. So grateful for the wonderful children, husband, grandchildren and all the rest of the family that my father has blessed me with. They’re so crazy and own it like I would most certainly expect them to do. I adore each and every one of this bunch and ask myself many times why father has blessed me with so much love, when it took me so long to learn how to. Again that would be a for sure gratitude winner.
3. I’m grateful for even as a small child knowing there is much power through prayer. What an immense love God has for us, that he allows us hope through the grace of prayer. Thank You!!!!!
4. Gotta get just wee bit silly here and say how very grateful I am, that Father didn’t make me a “Fox”, cuz I’m telling you now he’s always known I would be the least humble attractive person on planet earth. I would probably go big hair, big lip, big boobs, BIG HEAD on you all and not even I would be able to stand me.
5. Needless to say I’m grateful for our home and the need to keep it home for those many blessings of family, friends and loved ones.
This Thanksgiving in our home I will force my children, spouse, grandchildren and any other soul who enters the door to endure at least a years worth of home movies. I live to hear the whining that comes along with me breakin out my beloved video camera. There will be good eats, games (maybe a little trash talk), dancing in a conga line and most importantly love.
I’m gonna keep on owning my turkey status and gobble up every bit of laughter, warmth of heart, joy and love I can get.
What are you grateful for today?